Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

How to keep a pop-up ont top

Hello!

My question is simple, i just want to keep a pop-up always on top of all pages and rest of pop-ups, so i would like to know if there is a way to do it without having to launch the pop-up each time i open a new page or pop-up window.

Thanks to all!!

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    MorgoZ wrote: »
    Hello!

My question is simple, i just want to keep a pop-up always on top of all pages and rest of pop-ups, so i would like to know if there is a way to do it without having to launch the pop-up each time i open a new page or pop-up window.

Thanks to all!!

There is no 'always on top' setting or command unfortunately. If you open a popup that takes up any of the 'always on top' popup's space, it will get covered.
  • The popup will stay on unless its either in a group or is turned off. At least thats how I understand it. ive certainly had popups unexpectedly stay on when I thought they should go off! So it must be possible in some way...

But Eric is right in that they may stay on, but will just get covered by other popups if any are in the same location.

As a workaround, set a variable in code that tracks that popup, and have your pageflips in code that fire the popup if you need it to stay on.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    In my understanding, the popup will stay open, but only on the page it was opened. I do use popups that need to show on all pages, and the way I am accomplishing it is to show the popup(s) every time I change pages. If you are controlling your page flips via code, it should be fairly easy to add the command to show the popup.

Jeff
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    In my understanding, the popup will stay open, but only on the page it was opened. I do use popups that need to show on all pages, and the way I am accomplishing it is to show the popup(s) every time I change pages. If you are controlling your page flips via code, it should be fairly easy to add the command to show the popup.

Jeff

Yes, popups are linked to the page that called them. If you switch pages without closing them, they will vanish when you change pages, but still be there when you go back.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    MorgoZ wrote: »
    Hello!

Thanks to all!!

This shouldn't be that hard. Can't you call the popup immediately after every page/popup change? If its popped up at every page flip, then I can't see how it could get buried. Make sure its the last thing you do. I would have a function that does all the page flipping stuff, and put the popup at the end of it.
    Paul.