Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

iWeather module

I've heard and read various places where the iWeather module that comes direct from AMX has some issues and does not work that great. I have no personal experience with this, but I'm getting ready to integrate this first in my house (to have the practice) and then in a residence and wanted to know from others here what your experience has been. If there is something wrong with this module, has anyone found a way to fix it or written their own? Please contact me and if cost is an issue that's not a problem, I wouldn't mind paying some kind of lic fee for a module that is more robust, error-free and easy to integrate.

Comments

• Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Hello Pat,

Did you manage to install this? I have an installation currently and have to incorporate this module with 2 ViewStat thermostat...
    Anything you can share is welcome!

Paul-Eric
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    patb wrote: »
    I've heard and read various places where the iWeather module that comes direct from AMX has some issues and does not work that great. I have no personal experience with this, but I'm getting ready to integrate this first in my house (to have the practice) and then in a residence and wanted to know from others here what your experience has been. If there is something wrong with this module, has anyone found a way to fix it or written their own? Please contact me and if cost is an issue that's not a problem, I wouldn't mind paying some kind of lic fee for a module that is more robust, error-free and easy to integrate.

The new module (the one that works with the color T-Stats) is best described as 'incomplete'

The key things that it doesn't do compared to the older version:

1. It doesn't download the weather station ID information. This gives you the ability to browse by Country > State or province > City. So, essentially weather outside the US is not working unles you hard code in the weather station ID yourself. they do provide a CSV file with that info. So, if you're willing, it can be coded yourself.

2. It doesn't have a lot of the setup features enabled.

Some positives. the UI is truly borken out of what is essentially the comm module. So, you can get rid of the unexpected Page flips that would occur before. Also, you can get the 'internal' commands so you can easily roll your own.

Most of my clients want international weather. So, I tend to just use my jacked version of the old for that and the newer one for everything else.