Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

MET-ECOM video decoding

Hi all,
Is there a way I can make the mjpeg stream an analog signal so that it can be viewed from a TV? I know I should somehow decode the stream using a decoder.
So far I have tried Vivotek's VX-7001 but this works only for Vivotek products. There is another decoder from Axis (http://www.axis.com/products/cam_292/index.htm) but I don't know if this will work with the MET-ECOM.
Has anyone of you ever tried something similar?

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I have heard from AMX that the AXIS decoder does work. If I have some time, I will try it out (I have a 292 here ...don't ask).

Jeff
  • Options
    Thanks Jeff I will wait for your results...
  • Options
    FYI, I don't know who told my boss the 292 would work with the doorstation, but I cannot make it work as of right now :(

Jeff
  • Options
    Any update on this?
  • Options
    I gave up. There is nothing I found that works at this point. The only possibility is a camera DVR system that supports IP cameras, but again, you may run into the DVR only supporting cameras by the same manufacturer.

Jeff
  • Options
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    I gave up. There is nothing I found that works at this point. The only possibility is a camera DVR system that supports IP cameras, but again, you may run into the DVR only supporting cameras by the same manufacturer.

Jeff

Jeff, even if you find an NVR that can decode the video stream you will still have a problem since most NVRs do not have an analog video output.
  • Options
    benokibenoki Posts: 8
    Can you tell us more about the mjpeg source you're trying to decode?

There are some digital signage and other media player type devices that can feed existing digital streams out to an analog display. I know of a fairly open code hardware solution called Spinetix HMP100 that could potentially work if you're prepared to pioneer some code to make it happen..

The other option is to just run the source fullscreen then work with the analog RGB output, but it depends on what you really want to do I guess.