Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

amxforums.com vs. www.amxforums.com

I have the AMX forum bookmarked as amxforums.com and I login from there. If I’m in a thread and click on a link that takes me to another thread that has been linked as www.amxforums.com then I’m asked to login again to get to the thread or I can go to the address bar and delete the www.

If I change my bookmark to www.amxforums.com then I run into the same issue when I click on a link to a thread linked as amxforums.com where I’m asked to login again or I can go the address bar and add the www.

I forget the correct term and I can’t find it anywhere but there should be a configuration setting that will instruct the web server to treat the domain name with or without the www. as the same thing.

It’s not a huge deal and I’m not sure if others have been experiencing the same issue but if it can be fixed that would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Administrator Posts: 0
    That is a cookie issue, we are configured to treat both as the same.

If the cookie comes from www. it responds to www.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Thanks for the quick response.

If I go to amxforums.com and login and then go to the address bar and change it to www.amxforums.com and then hit enter I?m no longer logged in. I didn?t realize that was a cookie issue. Is there something I can do on my end to fix that or is that just the way it is? No big deal either way, just curious.

Thanks again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Administrator Posts: 0
    I think if you switched to amxforums.com from www. and you logged in there it makes it think you logged out of www. and you would have to log back in there.

This happens when I jump as well.