Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Help! TPD4 Transfer Issues

Greetings,

I have having some issues with file transfers in TPD4 2.11.619. I am noticing these problems with R4s.

After doing a copy and paste from one page to another or renaming/copying a page, transfer aborts with:

"Error performing action Transfer Local Panel Files:

Transfer Aborted - Error opening file on device. Requested file does not exist or is invalid. Error opeing file on Device. Requested file does not exist or is invalid."

If I watch the tranfer window on the R4, it is hanging at one of the panel pages.

Thanks.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Greetings,

I have having some issues with file transfers in TPD4 2.11.619. I am noticing these problems with R4s.

After doing a copy and paste from one page to another or renaming/copying a page, transfer aborts with:

"Error performing action Transfer Local Panel Files:

Transfer Aborted - Error opening file on device. Requested file does not exist or is invalid. Error opeing file on Device. Requested file does not exist or is invalid."

If I watch the tranfer window on the R4, it is hanging at one of the panel pages.

Thanks.

I know this sounds odd, but try selecting full panel transfer instead of smart transfer. I've been having difficulty with panels and R4s as of late and that (although annoying and time consuming) seems to solve the problem for a few transfers.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I know this sounds odd, but try selecting full panel transfer instead of smart transfer.

I tried that with no success. I found that rebooting the PC solves the issue. My TPD files exist on a network drive. Maybe that has something to do with it???
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I tried that with no success. I found that rebooting the PC solves the issue. My TPD files exist on a network drive. Maybe that has something to do with it???
    Hmm...

All mine are on a server and mapped drives. Unless there's something really wacky I don't think it should matter.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    We have had some issues transferring to R4s as well. I think it was when we were upgrading to ZigBee pro, but it may have happened since. When we run into these problems, wiping user files from the R4 seems to resolve it.

Jeff