Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Draw or Plot On Panel

Might be a odd question, but is there a way to mark a 2 sets of x,y cords then issue a command to draw a line between them ? sort of SEND_COMMAND dvtp,'20,20,30,30,draw' ? I want to plot out the clients power usage / temp over a period of time. I could also line up a load of levels but that would be a bit messy to do a years stats.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    xrmichael wrote: »
    Might be a odd question, but is there a way to mark a 2 sets of x,y cords then issue a command to draw a line between them ? sort of SEND_COMMAND dvtp,'20,20,30,30,draw' ? I want to plot out the clients power usage / temp over a period of time. I could also line up a load of levels but that would be a bit messy to do a years stats.
    no, there is not.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I have not tried this yet, but it seem to recall someone mentioning it elsewhere on the forums. Google has a chart api that lets you submit info via a url and it will create a chart image for you. You could use this with dynamic images to create an image file.

Here is a link:
    http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chs=100x20&chf=bg,s,ffffff&cht=ls&chd=t:23.52,20.58,26.47,23.52,23.52,23.52,100.00,0.00,23.52,23.52,27.94,20.58,23.52&chco=0066ff

Jeff
  • Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    I have not tried this yet, but it seem to recall someone mentioning it elsewhere on the forums. Google has a chart api that lets you submit info via a url and it will create a chart image for you. You could use this with dynamic images to create an image file.

Here is a link:
    http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chs=100x20&chf=bg,s,ffffff&cht=ls&chd=t:23.52,20.58,26.47,23.52,23.52,23.52,100.00,0.00,23.52,23.52,27.94,20.58,23.52&chco=0066ff

Jeff

Add a | character at the end of the path and use chart.png for the file name.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    xrmichael wrote: »

There might be a way but I don't know how elegant it would be. You can change the size and position of a button so by resizing/moving it you can make it look like drawing a line across the screen. I would think using levels would be far easier though.
    Paul
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I was looking for something like this as well so I could completely bypass an Aprilaire 8825 and still give the client a history graph (the only feature I haven't been able to replicate). Thanks for the heads-up on the Google chart, it might be just what I need. I was looking at all manner of html graphing solutions, and all of them were ugly.
  • xrmichaelxrmichael Posts: 79
    Thanks

Cheers for the responses i will have a look at the google option, is there a limit on the number of levels for some reason i have 8 i my head but could be wrong.