Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Chief Lift how calculate checksum?

Hello All!

I have sample of command (>02001078CR). But i not understand how calculate checksum, for example if i have another adress of device or something else..

I need to write specific code i can't use standard duet module because it is write on java (we are not using duet module). So from instruction:
[PR] = Product ID (CM2 = 02)
[AD] = Address (see address description & table)
[CR] = ASCII Carriage Return
[CH] = Check Code
[ST] = Status (see status table)

How calculate CH?

Thanks!

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Kim wrote: »
    Hello All!

I have sample of command (>02001078CR). But i not understand how calculate checksum, for example if i have another adress of device or something else..

I need to write specific code i can't use standard duet module because it is write on java (we are not using duet module). So from instruction:
    [PR] = Product ID (CM2 = 02)
    [AD] = Address (see address description & table)
    [CR] = ASCII Carriage Return
    [CH] = Check Code
    [ST] = Status (see status table)

How calculate CH?

Thanks!

I'm sure someone will chime in who has already worked with this. However, in the interim, do you have any documentation that tells you the checksum method? One's Compliment, Two's Compliment, addition of string past a certain point, etc...?
  • KimKim Posts: 52
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I'm sure someone will chime in who has already worked with this. However, in the interim, do you have any documentation that tells you the checksum method? One's Compliment, Two's Compliment, addition of string past a certain point, etc...?

I have a documentation, but everything that in it I am written have copied and have resulted above... I tried to consider on the basis of examples of commands in the standard ways [] XOR [] and XOR FF, but the result does not coincide. I think chief uses the method and have forgotten about it to write to instructions...