Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Annoying iPort bug

I'm using the current Netlinx iPort module, and have a weird situation happening. When I go into 'Playlists', I get all the playlists on the iPod. I then follow that up immediately by the up or down buttons (channel codes 109 or 112), then the entire list fills in with the word 'Playlist'.

Simple bug, but I really don't want to dig into the code to find it if possible.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Chuck

Comments

• chuckdchuckd Posts: 26
    Well, it gets a bit deeper. The buttons are the 10 up and 10 down buttons, by the way.

All of the touchpanels in my system control one of two different iPorts. A local iPort, and a centrally located iPort. The central iPort is the first defined iPort in my system. The 10 up and 10 down buttons work great on the centrally located iPort, but screw up bigtime for the other iPorts (second through fifth iPorts).

Anyone have any problems controlling multiple iPorts from one touchpanel?

Chuck
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    chuckd wrote: »
    Anyone have any problems controlling multiple iPorts from one touchpanel?
    Doing it in a job right now - and instead of going into the module and modifying which iPort was controlled at the time, I just quickly defined two modules - and had two different pages in each panel type with two different port numbers. Then of course connect & disconnect (what is that - 141 & 142?) the panel from feedback when needed.

I've been using AMX's (Jon Parker's) Netlinx iPort modules since he first started putting them out and have never had an issue.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    jjames wrote: »
    Doing it in a job right now - and instead of going into the module and modifying which iPort was controlled at the time, I just quickly defined two modules - and had two different pages in each panel type with two different port numbers. Then of course connect & disconnect (what is that - 141 & 142?) the panel from feedback when needed.

I've been using AMX's (Jon Parker's) Netlinx iPort modules since he first started putting them out and have never had an issue.

I beleive you will have a problem with page flips if both iPorts are accessable on the same touchpanel. I remember having to modify page names and append the send commands accordingly.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I just tried it here on an iTouch and it seems to work fine. I have slightly modified the module, but I did not change the way the playlist info populates. I pushed playlist from both the shortcut button and the main menu. Both ways worked fine.

Jeff
    I beleive you will have a problem with page flips if both iPorts are accessable on the same touchpanel. I remember having to modify page names and append the send commands accordingly.

I modified the module slightly by removing all references to page flips / popups and using a custom interface for the module. Works nicely actually; we're actually controlling 3 iPorts from all panels. I wish I could have had time / patience to modify the module to control all three so I didn't have to have three different COM & UI modules, but it's okay - it works.
    Well, I've done the same thing as most of you. I have two identical but separate GUI interfaces, each with their own set of channel ID's and page flip names. Everything else works perfectly 'except' the 10 up/down buttons.

I realize I've probably done something strange, but right now I'm at a bit of a loss for what it is. I do have only 7 items in my list (instead of 10), but I've defined it in the UI_LIST variable to be only 7. Again, it does work fine on one of the five iPorts. The other four have the 10 up/down bug.

Hmmm, I'll keep looking.....
    When all else fails, load up the original module without any other code and test. This will eliminate the possibility of a true bug or an error on your part.
    Found it! I hadn't realized that in the Details List, the 10 up/down buttons and all the list buttons on the left specfied page flips, and these of course were flipping up the 'other' iPorts Details Listings. So I'd be in a bedroom, pop up the list, select 10 down, and the living room details list popped up. Aarrrgh!

I basically enabled 'Fuction Show', and watched all the buttons in the details list change numbers when I did a 10 up/down. Easy.

All better now! Thanks guys.

Chuck