Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software
Options

Adding Custom Variable

I wish to add my own variable to RMS for tracking a projectors runtime. The variable alreasy exist in my code. I would like to know how to add it to the RMS_Hooks.AXI so it will show up under the projector listed as runtime.

Comments

• Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    The RMS Programmer's Guide is your friend. Page 21 to be specific.
  • Options
    Thomas, for your rooms we are tracking lamp hours for the NEC NP2000. Here's how it works:

With CodeCrafter, we configure a "Monitored third party device" (the projector) and set it to use the projector support module (rmsProjectorMod.axs). This module will monitor channels 27/28 and start/stop an internal timer (also monitors strings like 'POWER=ON/OFF' and 'LAMPTIME=x'). This module will automatically update RMS of lamp hours for you (RMSTimerCallback()).

CodeCrafter generates RMSMain.axi for us and connects it all automatically.

The RMSMain_Hooks.axi file is where we add our own custom code. This way we can always run CodeCrafter to generate the RMSMain and we don't need to worry about losing anything we've added. Within RMSMain_Hooks you'll see calls to RMSSetLampHours() which essentially builds up the command to RMS for us. This way, our own custom code polls the projector for actual lamp hours and updates each hour.

Hope this helps. Shoot me an email if you want to dig into it further. I've climbed the RMS learning curve and can help pull you up.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Thanks, I got it going this AM. Turns out my code was right but I had a bad cable (pre-made) that was causing a feedback error and thus the lack of lamp runtime. The guide is great as I have used it to create a lot of the code. Thanks Chad for your input and help with our DMS project.