Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Anybody using TPD3 in Windows 7?

It worked for a while but now it locks up when pressing a page in the Explorer. Any idea's?

Comments

• Options
    I have found if the "Tablet PC Input Service" service is running this will occur. Stop the service and try again. If it works and you don't need touch input, disable the service to stop it from starting at next boot.
    If you need help stopping/disabling the service let me know.
    If you do need touch input let me know and I will post a batch file to stop/start the service.
  • Options
    kbeattyAMXkbeattyAMX Posts: 358
    Worked!

That worked!Thanks a bunch!
  • Options
    m.snowden wrote: »
    I have found if the "Tablet PC Input Service" service is running this will occur.
    I don't know about the others, but that amazes me that you were able to figure that out!

-John
  • Options
    kbeattyAMXkbeattyAMX Posts: 358
    Wacom Bamboo

When you mentioned the Tablet PC input, I remembered that I just plugged in my Wacom Tablet and I knew you were right! Thanks again! I have a few projects coming up that need web control.
  • Options
    I don't know about the others, but that amazes me that you were able to figure that out!

-John

I actually can't take full credit. My IT support team discovered the fix. I thought the same thing as you, how did they work it out.

If you want a shortcut to stop/start it, create a batch file.
    To stop service copy "sc stop TabletInputService" into notepad (without quotes) and save as "stop tablet.cmd" (quotes needed otherwise it will be "stop tablet.cmd.txt" which is a text file not batch file)

To start service copy "sc start TabletInputService" into notepad (without quotes) and save as "start tablet.cmd" (quotes needed otherwise it will be "start tablet.cmd.txt" which is a text file not batch file)