Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Page Flip Question

I'm curious about what people think is the best way to do page flips/subpage activations. Is it better to have it all be code driven? Or is it better to have it all be driven from the touchpanel itself? A mix? Why?

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I don't like "all" in either method. Some things work better via code and actually some things have to be driven by code but other things are just easier to impliment from the TP.

Even though most things I do now a days requires page tracking via code from button pushes to determine feedback that can sometimes only entail the buttons that opens a page and close a page while everything in between can be through the TP. Even the page flip to/from the page can be via the TP and I'll just set a flag to determine my feedback.

So my answer is no, I like both methods and often at the same time where I'll flip from the TP and track in code from the same buttons.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I'm curious about what people think is the best way to do page flips/subpage activations. Is it better to have it all be code driven? Or is it better to have it all be driven from the touchpanel itself? A mix? Why?

There is no perfect answer. Sometimes you want to be able to flip a page even if not connected to the controller in which case it needs to be hard coded into the panel. I would rather always do everything from code, but that isn't always possible. So I guess the anwer is to do everything you can from code, and everything else from the panel :)
    Paul
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I mix it up and use both. I see no point in requiring code to turn off a settings pop-up on the cancel button, simple stuff like that, but I also tend towards a lot of context-sensitive stuff that absolutely requires that code does the flip. SO, to me, there is no simple, one-answer-fits-all, unless it's to say, "both."
  • truetrue Posts: 307
    Almost always popups are code driven for me.