Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Coding without netlinx

I have a simple touch panel design with 3 buttons, How can I assign command for each button without writing codes in netlinx.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There are too many unknowns to answer that question; mostly, what panel, and what are you trying to do? It doesn't matter how simple it is, if you need to control something, it has to talk to a NetLinx master, and there has to be code to make anything happen ... even if it's only one line. If it's just a panel, some of the them support direct IR, but not all of them by any means. So you need to give us more to go on.
  • How to make buttons do something without writing code? Not trying to be rude, but the simple answer is hire a programmer or sub it out. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but if you can't write code or don't intend to learn, you really shouldn't be trying to program an AMX system.

--John
  • Thank U all..
    I thought ther'll be any column in the TPD4 to write the code for a button, It was a mistake from my side, and I beg your pardon.
  • mushmush Posts: 287
    Well, technically you can run code in the panel, but only for that panel.
    Most of the send_commands eg ^TXT- can be run from a button press on a stand alone panel to any other button on that panel.
    You have to put the codes in the command output section under the programming tab in the buttons properties.
  • No problem ArunMohan. Like Dave said, you can put buttons on the MVP panels that will allow direct IR emitting without any real coding, but that's about as close as it gets. The real power is going to be in your programming skills, and this forum is an invaluable resource for learning and improving.

Here's a little info on using the IR emitters on a 5200i for example:

--John
  • No problem ArunMohan. Like Dave said, you can put buttons on the MVP panels that will allow direct IR emitting without any real coding, but that's about as close as it gets. The real power is going to be in your programming skills, and this forum is an invaluable resource for learning and improving.

Here's a little info on using the IR emitters on a 5200i for example:

--John

Thanks John Gonzales