Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Autopatch Modula non-Duet comm module

I need to just add an IR command to an exisiting system - before I completely re-program it (taking over orphan system).
Of course the only thing I have is the source which was uploaded into the master and therefore I don't have any tko file used for all comm modules.
I'm missing only one comm module file which is labeled as 'AutoPatchModulaComm'. I'm guessing this is a Netlinx comm module.
Anybody having this somewhere?

Thanks!

Comments

• Unless the previous programmer of the system has changed the filename of the module you should be able to extract it from the source code.
    Usually from the declared modules one can tell if it's about a Duet module or a Netlinx module. Duet modules have more discriptive names than Netlinx modules.

eg. The autopach duet comm module: AutoPatch_Matrix_Switcher_Comm_dr1_0_0

Kostas
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    papadouk wrote: »
    Unless the previous programmer of the system has changed the filename of the module you should be able to extract it from the source code.

Thanks, I think know this.
    But as this is a Com module, 99.99% of the time the module is provided as a tko file which then cannot be extracted, hence my post to the forum.
    I did extract the whole source code and that file is not in the extracted result.
    Unless I'm totally missing something that allows to retrieve tko from extracting an src file from the Master... Which I'll be glad to learn about - I'm learning everyday thanks to the folks of this forum, which keeps me humble (I trully hope).
  • Hi Pep,

possibly this is a custom made module. In the worst case you might have to replace the module commands with a direct command to the device. I know thought this is going to be hard b/c you might have to decipher the way the module operates.

..how about using another module for autopatch product?

Kostas