Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware AutoPatch Forum
Options

MODULA AUTOPATCH

Hello guys,

when i'm trying to parse the string feedback on strings event i'm getting something very strange , first i'm using the apweb module to convert the communication protocol from serial to ip as i'm using ip communication ,for ex when i sent a simple command like "CLI1O1:32T" i'm getting the right response or feedback but every single char separated consecutively not a single line or phrase(FIRST RESPONSE : C, SECOND RESPONSE:L, THIRD RESPONSE:I... ), knowing that i did not start parsing yet ,just i'm listening to the "data.text" even i tried a buffer and i got the same result....any help will be appreciated.
Thanks & Best Regards,

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    AMX Leb wrote: »
    Hello guys,

when i'm trying to parse the string feedback on strings event i'm getting something very strange , first i'm using the apweb module to convert the communication protocol from serial to ip as i'm using ip communication ,for ex when i sent a simple command like "CLI1O1:32T" i'm getting the right response or feedback but every single char separated consecutively not a single line or phrase(FIRST RESPONSE : C, SECOND RESPONSE:L, THIRD RESPONSE:I... ), knowing that i did not start parsing yet ,just i'm listening to the "data.text" even i tried a buffer and i got the same result....any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks & Best Regards,

Your obviously getting an event firing because the length of time between one charactor and the next in rs232 and one and another in IP is a veritable epoch.

You'll need to build the buffer as chars come in and wait for the end of the string to come in before parsing. It's pretty common for this to happen.