Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Feature Requests for next version of TP Design

I am working on a touch panel file and here are a few things I would like to see in the next version of TPD:

File compare - Compare two different TPD files to see the differences. It would also be nice to be able to have a check box list of pages/buttons/resources to add/remove from one file based on the difference.

Grid Alignment - When selecting a group of buttons, brings up a dialog asking for number of columns or rows, layout direction (top to bottom, then left to right or Left to Right, then top to bottom), and spacing between buttons in pixels.

Other information overlays - This would be just like the Show Address/Channel info button, but I would like to overlay Feedback, Page Flip, Hidden/Disabled, Touch Style, or Draw Order, and Z-order(if possible). These should all be separate buttons in a toolbar and would be used to quickly visually verify a page layout for proper button programming.

Jeff

Comments

• ppdkppdk Posts: 31
    I will add:

Multi Cut/Copy/Paste of Pages and Sub pages in the project or between projects

Clean up Unused Icons and Bitmaps from a TP4 project if these are not used somewhere in the project

Kostas
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Substitution of a font by family. That is, all instances, sizes, bold, italic, everything, from one base font to another.

Scalable, stretchable bitmaps.

A way to select and edit a button that isn't on top already.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Element classes. Define elements to match a class (containing an arbitrary amount of style information) then if you redefine the class all elements utilizing it update. And perhaps rather than a snap to grid user definable guides which can be snapped to. These could then be used to create a symmetric grid if you wished.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Dynamic image scaling UP as well as down. With the option to stretch, or zoom a portion of the image. Like ABSOLUTE is now for bitmaps, plus SCALE/STRETCH. That last part for bitmaps too, so you can choose a part of a bitmap at any size and stretch for any use... as well as to fit.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    The ability to group popup and pages without making them mutually exclusive. Maybe have 2 groups, organization group and mutually exclusive group. In TPD4, we can then view the pages/popups the way the currently show, or we can switch to organizational groups. The organizational groups could include pages and popups.

Just a thought,
    Jeff
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    File compare - Compare two different TPD files to see the differences. It would also be nice to be able to have a check box list of pages/buttons/resources to add/remove from one file based on the difference.
    Agreed - they should name it . . . "TPDiffer." :)

One request would be able to select a group of buttons and to be able to tab through them - much like when using a Windows program and you can tab through the different controls (text box, radios, buttons, etc.). I'm a keyboard kind of person, so I'd like to tab through the buttons and quickly enter in the text I want, or the property I need changed without touching the mouse.

Another thing I'd love to have is the ability to add folders to the file structure. Currently, in order to organize your images, the easiest way to do it is to prefix them with something. For example, all TV logos start with "tv_" then the name, or all icons are "icons_", or weather images are "wx_", etc. etc. I'd love to be able to import them into a folder, and select from there - much like a real file system. This might be a firmware & TPD4 change though . . . unless the firmware can already handle folders, and it's just up to the XMA file to say where it is (which I'd imagine is the case.)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I put this in the last thread, years ago, so I'm going to repeat myself:

A file merge feature. How many times, have you gotten panel pages from a third party and had to painstakingly copy and paste each individual page, and each popup, then go through all of them and edit the address, channel, and level port? Instead it should go like this:

* Merge <panel> into current (perhaps as an Import with merge/replace as options)
    * checkboxes to scale elements if needed
    * checkboxes and fields to convert ports on new panel to xxx while merging
    * Option to rename/replace existing graphics with new of the same name