Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

iPort meta data issues using foreign characters

Im using the iport module and the metadata being parsed contains foreign characters which causes the netlinks processor to shut down and crash. The end uaeris foreign and has music with foreign characters that I believe the system doesnt recognize so it crashes. The customer is content with not having any metadata. So a quick easy fix would be to remove the parsing of data for albulm info artist and song. Does anyone know where that is located in the iport module and if its possible to remove?

Comments

• Options
    I think I came across this issue in the past and a firmware update of the iport fixed the compatibility with "foreign" characters.
  • Options
    davidvdavidv Posts: 90
    iport deletion of meta data

I just want to delete the parsing of the meta data. Is there a way to edit the module? Is anyone familiar with the module?
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    davidv wrote: »
    I just want to delete the parsing of the meta data. Is there a way to edit the module? Is anyone familiar with the module?

The comm module is a tko file so you won't be able to edit it.
    Paul
  • Options
    TechFreakTechFreak Posts: 39
    davidv wrote: »

I had this same problem several years back. The newer release of the module fixed this issue. 3.22 fixed this, and the latest is 3.23, which I have been using since.