Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Editing Button Text from Master, Carriage Return?

I have a script that updates the button text on a TP. How do I do a carriage return? This is non-unicode text (works with unicode, but would need to translate).

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    The NEW LINE character is | , that is called a PIPE, and it is a shifted backslash \
  • jabramsonjabramson Posts: 106
    Perfect, thanks.
  • catalinocatalino Posts: 25
    I found this out. It would display fine on TPDesign4 when I wrote "ER Nursing Lab | Floor Camera" as a display.
    I had to change it to "ER Nursing Lab-Floor Camera" because it kept inserting a newline. "Huh. That's funny."

Why don't they just accept the hex $0D?
  • rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    catalino wrote: »
    I found this out. It would display fine on TPDesign4 when I wrote "ER Nursing Lab | Floor Camera" as a display.
    I had to change it to "ER Nursing Lab-Floor Camera" because it kept inserting a newline. "Huh. That's funny."

Why don't they just accept the hex $0D?

They do, you just have follow it with a hex $0A, aka a line feed. i.e. "'Line 1',$0D,$0A,'Line 2'" If you want a pipe character I assume there's some way to escape one but I don't know what that is off the top of my head.

-Ryan

//Isn't it fun how there really is no standard between various operating systems/programs what character(s) you need to get a new line? :p