Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

What is Onsite by AMX and why can't I see it?

Onsite by AMX is listed on the dealer home page as the most recent file for download. What is Onsite by AMX and why does it say ?Sorry, you're not authorized to see this information? when I click on the link?

Thanks.

Comments

• Here's info from an old AMX press release as to what Onsite is.
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN ? Sept. 9, 2005 ? AMX Corporation, a worldwide leader in advanced control system technology, is transforming the way people use its flagship line of Modero? Touch Panels through the integration of live, interactive resources available from the panel. OnSite by AMX? is a service available from any Modero Touch Panel. The Modero connects residential or business users to a personal concierge who can provide information, make recommendations and facilitate requests for a variety of different services. OnSite by AMX is a, subscription-based service that AMX is offering free for the first two months of use.

OnSite by AMX is staffed with experienced, imaginative concierge professionals immediately available to assist with almost any need. Homes and businesses equipped with AMX Modero Touch Panels will have access around the clock to advise and assist with travel arrangements, vendor research, special occasion gifts, restaurant recommendations and reservations, hard-to-get event tickets, recommending household services, and much more. After the user presses the always-available OnSite by AMX icon on the panel, an OnSite professional will call him or her at a specified phone number.

OnSite by AMX is the newest addition to a host of value-added solutions from AMX, including ComputerControl?, iWeather?, PictureFrame?, and TakeNote?.

"There are times that a simple idea generates a brilliant solution. With OnSite by AMX, we have not only taken the ease and convenience of our control systems to a whole new level, we?ve also advanced the way our customers can use their AMX Touch Panels forever," said Rashid Skaf, President and CEO, AMX. "Whether you?re a parent looking for tickets to a sold out concert for your child, or a harried business executive needing restaurant recommendations for an upcoming trip to Boston, OnSite professionals are always available to make busy lives a little easier. We have taken to the next level our commitment to providing the highest levels of convenience and ease-of-use by today launching unparalleled personalized services through our Modero Touch Panels."

AMX technology is used worldwide to control electronic devices and integrated services, including audio, video and teleconferencing equipment, lighting, HVAC and security systems. Modero Touch Panels are the most popular devices used to control these systems, making them the ideal vehicle to deliver OnSite by AMX services.

Pricing & Availability OnSite by AMX will be initially available to AMX customers in the United States, with testing being done in some international markets. The application comes pre-loaded on all Modero Touch Panels and can be added to existing panels via an easy-to-install module. Both the OnSite by AMX service and module will be available from AMX within 90 days.

Unlimited access to OnSite?s professional concierge staff is available for a low monthly subscription fee. The first two months of service are free to all new subscribers.

I didn't try to download it ealier, but it seems to be downloadable to me right now... Maybe you can check again.

--John
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Thanks John. The press release rings a bell and now I remember seeing it at CEDIA. I didn't recall the name.

I just checked the link on dealer home page again and I'm still getting the same not authorized message. Maybe I need to accept the AMX license agreement for the 15 billionth time. :)
  • Joe Hebert wrote:
    Maybe I need to accept the AMX license agreement for the 15 billionth time. :)

LOL, I know what you mean :)

-- John
  • Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    OnStar - for touch panels... Cute...

- Chip
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't see this taking off with any of my customers. The one I can think of who would not immediately balk at the monthly cost has no need of a concierge, his personal secretary fills the same function.
  • Does anyone know if this Concierge service is still offered. I finally found a client that might be interested. After 6 years of never having anyone interested, I am guess this service got scrapped, but if anyone knows different let me know.
    Thanks
  • troberts wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this Concierge service is still offered. I finally found a client that might be interested. After 6 years of never having anyone interested, I am guess this service got scrapped, but if anyone knows different let me know.
    Thanks

If the Onsite is what became Amenities, that got scapped.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Onsite was only active about 2 years, when the Modero was new in 2002. It was free for a year, then $50 a year or something, and the uptake was minimal, so it was ended. It was the same service you get with most gold-card Visa and Mastercard, a live person who would book tickets, make reservations, etc. The hook was that you could put it on a button and they would call you on the phone when you pressed it.

You can do this now via triggering an SMS or email to a concierge service the customer already has, or contract your own, or maybe if you have a security monitoring company, add that as another service.