Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software

RMS Sandbox

First of all, wow! This will be an awesome development tool for those that don't have quick access to RMSE.

I got the email about this 30 minutes ago and I already have a room up on there.
I can see myself using this a whole heap.

Nice work Kim Burgess.

Dan Gavin
Pro AV Solutions (WA)

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    No problems. Glad its of use.
  • NThinnesNThinnes Posts: 13
    Re: RMS Sandbox

Hey, Hope I'm not invading the thread, but what is the RMS Sandbox? Just got my cert today and I'm very curious about the Sandbox. Thanks
  • champchamp Posts: 261
    It's an RMS server floating in the cloud that you can play around with and attach systems for training and sales purposes.
    Kim will be rolling it back to a clean install every month or so.
    It's a great way to practice connecting a processor to an RMS server and showing off a live system to prospective clients.

developer.amxaustralia.com.au
  • samossamos Posts: 106
    thank you for doing this I will defiantly use this. if there is anything I can do to help feel free to ask
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Cheers for the offer Samos, there's really nothing to do though - this is for your enjoyment so feel free to play.

For those of you who would like some more info I would recommend heading over here. If you've been meaning to look into RMS Enterprise but haven't had the time there's an uber quick start guide there for you. Next time that you have 15 minutes to spare and an NI handy jump on and try it out.

Also, this is almost correct:
    champ wrote: »
    Kim will be rolling it back to a clean install every month or so.
    However, that would be stupid. There is no way in hell I would remember / could be bothered to do this. The sandbox has been scripted to nuke itself every thursday evening so feel free to abuse it as much as you like and it will always bounce back. Enjoy.
  • Thanks Kim, a great resource!

Does the sandbox server have scheduling installed? This is the part that's freaking me out a bit...

Cheers
    Julien
  • travtrav Posts: 188
    Don't let the scheduling freak you out.

It's very simple and straight forward to setup, just alot of data entry on the server side, everything is handled by the module, and uses the standard channel codes and address codes for the touch panel pages.

Of course there is nothing to stop you getting info back yourself from the API and doing what ever you want with it.

Summary, it's easy and don't be afraid of it :)

-Trav