Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

RS 232 control of spin pair

Greetings Soundwebians....

I have a control problem.
SoundWeb lite 3088
Designer 1.50 build 68

We are controlling parts of the web via serial control using a 24 button JOEY lite

We can successfully control Mutes & Parameter presets. No probs there.. :wink:

But....not gain the way we need...
We need to send a string for volume up and a different string for down.
The web expects to be told a specific value for a db level rather than increment up or down.

I have experimented with morphing the fader to a increment button, but the volume calculations are done in the web and it is still the same string ID as the fader.
You can't send a string to the morphed fader discreetly.

I then experimented with linking a phase button to the increment button because we can make that button momentary and send a string to it... BUT, sound web won’t let me link the two.
\"No law exists which can bind these controls\"

The volume is the master fader of a mixer

Any thoughts?

Update:
We have got a clunky way around it using the control ports out's looped to the in's

Send string to switch an unused switch which triggers an \"LED\" on the out
port which is linked to an in port which incrementally changes the volume of a fader.

Still a problem though. We can't make it be momentary. We have to send a \"set switch to off\" command after a volume up command which means you can’t keep you finger on the button for continuous volume increases.

Comments

• Options
    The control port silliness is the only way to do it. If you need to control more than 4 up/down pairs, you're out of luck.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.