Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London

Logic presets?

Is there anyway to save the state of logic start buttons into a preset? I want to be able to have several different logical states stored in a preset group which can be triggered from a blu-10 via the knob. I know that I can use a meter with trigger, and a tone generator, but I am running short on blu-80 cpu and was hoping for something more elegant.

As an aside, I have a job with an all input blu-80 and an all output blu-32. A mono signal is sent out of the blu-32 and back into the blu-80 via 2 patch cords with xlr connectors. For some reason, the signal which is input to the blu-80 is not synced. Why?

Comments

• rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    It is not possible to save logic into a parameter preset, so it may be worth reviewing what you want to achieve.
    If you have 6 states you wish to recall, you can create 6 logic sources, copy them to a custom control page and link them as a radio group. You can now place these onto a BLU10 screen and they will toggle through as 'one state active at any one time'

In the logic section of the BLU80, you can now place 6 preset triggers and join them to the logic sources. If you wish to recall a number of parameter presets, you can either place additional preset triggers and associate them with a particular logic source, possibly with delay between them so that the presets fire in sequence.

You can also place a venue recall that incorporates the parameter presets you wish to affect, and assign that to the preset trigger.

The way the logic sources will be seen on the BLU10 will not be a list, but as individual buttons, i normally change the view to 'meter' instead of text.

If you really want to have the presets appear as a list in the BLU10, then you need to create a N-input gain stage in the Audio section of the BLU80, add inputs to it to match the number of presets you have, then place all the mute buttons of the gain stage onto a custom control page. Select all the mutes and place them into a parameter preset group, then store the states so that state one is mute 1 on only, state 2 is mute 2 on only, etc. Then drag and drop the mutes onto the above mentioned logic sources. Assign a button on the BLU10 with the above Parameter preset, and that is done. Personally, for the extra programming, i would rather not do this, as it is an extra layer of complication you don't really need.

I am unsure what you mean by 'logical states' . So hope i have answered your question, if not please clarify what you are wanting to do.

I think you are wanting presets to trigger the logic, but the logic triggers the presets.

Your second question is probably as the return into the BLU80 has had 5.33ms added due to Cobranet latency. If you place a delay object post all the BLU80 inputs except for the return from the BLU32 (place one delay, go to properties of the delay, select 15 as the number of inputs).

I think that will work...

Thanks

Rob
  • Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    ...or you can just wait for the next version of software. Historically, new software releases happen near/durring trade shows or special events and NSCA is later this week, so we'll see what we see.

Dan
  • HannaleeHannalee Posts: 56
    Dan, you are correct. I was at NSCA and Rex told me a new version will be out this week. A few new processing objects, better help file and some type of macros.
    For the record, regardless of any misunderstanding at a trade show, there is no scheduled release date for v1.14. There is no plan to release it by a specific date.

Dan
    UPDATE

With v1.14 of HiQnet London Architect, it is possible to include logic state variables in a parameter preset. Note that a state variable is something which appears on a control panel. Parameters which are adjusted using the properties window are not state variables. These parameters are set a compilation time and may not be changed. This is true for both logic objects as well as audio objects.

If it's not available on a control panel, you can't add it to a parameter preset.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.