Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London

Reorder items in the Design view?

I have a design with a great many presets, these presets where created on the fly at the request of the customer. As such they are in not in any inteligable order. Is there a way to reorganize them so that when using the rotary on the blu-10 the presets will come up in a logical order as opposed to the order in which they where stored?

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 37
    One way to accomplish this is simply to save each preset again, but in the order you wish to display them.

For example, if you have five presets you recall the one you wish to be the first and save it as a new preset, number six. Repeat for the rest. When you're done, simply delete the five \"old\" presets and what is left are the five \"new\" in the right order.

/Chris
  • Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    The work-around described by Chris will work, BUT will mess up all of your preset IDs. If you're using any external control (serial, IP, etc), then you do not want to do this.

The answer to your original question is, \"no\".

Dan
  • The answer to your original question is, \"no\".

I was actually just about to ask the same question when I found this post. Is this something that could be added in the next version? Some way to manually edit the preset IDs would also be useful.

Anders Haggblom
    Kainos Media
    Finland
  • Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    I'll add it to the wish-list. However, I've seen the wish-list and know what else is on it. The odds are pretty slim of seeing this in the next 24 months. This is because it only matters to a very small subset of users. 1) you have to have made a mess of your presets
    2) you have to be using external serial control to trigger those presets
    3) you have to have done all of your serial programming before you decide to fix the original mess
    Not very many people will meet all three of those criteria. For everyone else, it's not that big of a deal.

The other things already on the wish-list are a lot cooler and apply to a much larger number of users.

Dan
  • rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    If using external control to trigger parameter presets for which you would rather not have to change a line of code on, you could place some logic sources in the logic section and create a parameter preset group for these.
    Create your required parameter presets. Use these parameter preset numbers to reference presets in the third part control software.

You can now place a preset trigger or preset trigger table downstream of the logic sources. Place your audio presets into these preset triggers. You can reorder them as required without having to modify the third party code.

Cheers

Rob
This discussion has been closed.