Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Stereo to mono summing

Hi - firstly thanks for the advice on usb - serial adapters, I'm now the proud owner of a moxa ethernet - serial adapter and sleeping well at night...

I need to take a stereo signal in on two inputs and output it as a stereo on two outputs but also as mono on a single output - what is the best way of doing this with the lowest overheads in a soundweb 9088?

I guess I can use a 2:1 mixer but if I just take the left and right stereo outputs from say a gain module and connect the 'wires' together at the input of an eq, will i get unwanted effects (phasing etc)?

Thanks,

Chris.

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    if I just take the left and right stereo outputs from say a gain module and connect the 'wires' together at the input of an eq, will i get unwanted effects (phasing etc)?

No need to worry about phasing because it's impossible to do. Combining two signals into one signal requires a processing object. No exceptions.

Dan
  • Options
    Chris TyasChris Tyas Posts: 13
    Thanks Dan - so to play devils advocate - what exactly would happen if two 'wires' from a stereo input were both run to the same input point on a eq for instance?

Chris.
  • Options
    jswor415jswor415 Posts: 7
    They turn Red and the design won't compile. :)
  • Options
    Chris TyasChris Tyas Posts: 13
    So it does - thanks :D
This discussion has been closed.