Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Delay release of preset.

In 3088 i have three presets, when i shift from preset 2 to preset 1 i need to hold the preset for at least 30 seconds after the button has been turned to 1. ( not a random time setting, it will always be the same delay - anything from 30 - 120 sec will do )

The hold time may only take effect when shifting from 2 -> 1

Is there any way of getting soundweb to do that for me? Or do i need an external hold curcuit :?:

- Brian

Comments

• Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Not internally - You will need to use soundweb BLU series logic section.

You can do so externally. Wire a noise generator into a gain stage, then into a gate. Place the gate LED onto a control port output.

Program the gain mute onto a parameter preset (Preset 2). wire the control port output into a delay circuit, and run it back into a control port input.

place the delayed parameter preset (or whatever you want to activate 30 seconds later) on the control port input.

Cheers

Rob
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Interesting. The way I read Brian's message, it means something very different than what Rob read it to mean. Gotta love the english language. To me, the phrase \"hold the preset for at least 30 seconds\" means that he doesn't want anybody to be able to change the settings for 30 seconds after he triggers the preset.

Help us out with figuring out what you actually meant, Brian.

Dan
  • Options
    Funny - now I can read it both ways too :)

Anyway Rob got i right, what I have is a switch setting the 3088 into preset 2, when this switch is turned to another state, I need the 3088 to stay in preset 2 for 30 seconds longer and then shift to the other preset.

I have to use the 3088 because it is an existing system my customer whant a new function added. I know I can use an external relay with a hold function, but if the 3088 can do the same, well -->less hardware --> less wires --> less problems.

- Brian
  • Options
    Program the gain mute onto a parameter preset (Preset 2). wire the control port output into a delay circuit, and run it back into a control port input.

place the delayed parameter preset (or whatever you want to activate 30 seconds later) on the control port input.

Can the same parameter preset be controlled from two control ports?

I don't think in 3088, but I have not much experience with the BLU series, so maybe this one can?

- Brian
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Hi Brian,

A parameter preset when placed on a control port has to have at least 2 states, so that preset one is recalled on the open circuit, and preset two is recalled on the closed circuit. Unless you are using a resistor ladder (as per using a 9012 or 9015 wallplate remote.)
    If you use a resistor ladder then you can have up to 8 parameter presets recalled off one control port The only thing to be aware of is that you need to place a preset on each 'rung' of the resistor ladder so that the presets align with the position of the selector.

Unless you want to swap a 3088 out for a BLU16 and use the added logic features of this device, then the external control port option using a third party delay circuit should achieve what you want.

Cheers

Rob
  • Options
    Thanks for your help.

I stayed with the 3088 and a third party relay, everything works fine.
    I'll try to attend a seminar later this year to get more familiar with the BLU series.

- Brian
This discussion has been closed.