Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Multiple Control Computers

I'm designing a system which has multiple rack rooms with Blu 80's and 32's. The Cobranet and Control switches are all connected via fiber. I've had trouble in the past controlling the system with multiple computers (Wynn Resorts Convention Area) on the BSS Green devices :evil: . What should I expect from the Blu devices when controlling with multiple computers?

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    If you're having problems with multiple computers running Soundweb Designer on a network, you really need to contact tech support because you're either doing something very wrong or you have an unstable network. Using multiple computers on a Soundweb original network is simple and only requires that you have the same design file on each computer and a different Soundweb Designer address for each computer.

Regarding multiple computers on a Soundweb London network, read this: http://www.bssaudious.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61

Dan
  • Options
    CarlosCarlos Posts: 17
    \"Did I just say that multiple computers will work work on a Soundweb London network? No, because
    MULTIPLE COMPUTERS ON ONE NETWORK IS NOT A SUPPORTED FEATURE OF HIQNET LONDON ARCHITECT V1.14. \"

Hmm, seems to me in the beginning one of the main selling points for upgrading to London Blu was support for multiple computers. My bad . . . I guess :oops:.

Also I was looking for any feedback from persons having personal experience with this issue. Going in I'm sure I can handle any issues but I wanted to be prepared for the unknown gotchas.

And lastly, not sure I appreciate the sarcastic come back, but I quess that's how you work. No worries, rolls off like water on a duck.

All the best,
  • Options
    There was no sarcasm intended in my response to you.

I don't know who presented multiple computers as a selling point, but that would be a rather weird selling point since Soundweb Designer already supports it. Not really an improvement (so why doesn't it work yet? beats me). Whoever it was, I'll appologize for them and offer to spot you a beer the next time we're both in the same city.

I think all of the potential issues are explained in that other thread. If somebody comes up with another issue, I'll edit that thread. Obviously, I can't talk about personal experience with a non-supported feature because I'd lose my job, but you guys can. Hasn't anybody done this?

Dan

p.s. If you're serious about wanting a new feature, send emails. That's the best way to get action. Emails from you, emails from your boss, emails explaining how many BLU-80s your system needs and why you need multiple computers and why you're annoyed about it. Send it to tech support, sales, everyone you can find.
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Hi,

I have one installation that is using 2 computers to control at the moment.
    The system is currently operating 4 BLU80 units.
    We have stored the design on the network.
    The computers are set up to go online and receive design from the network, go online and recieve synchronisation values when LA is opened.

My main comment is that it does work but please read the previous link of Dan's - this is not a supported feature. My main warning is if you are online with one computer, and when going online with the second computer you get a box reload dialogue (the resync is fine) this is BAD BAD BAD. The 2 computers will go out of sync as soon as you load and you will have issues

Having said that the above is running on 1.12 firmware, i have not gone online with multiple computers on the current firmware yet (1.14R2), but will be upgrading the above system once we have completed commissioning a further 7 BLU80 and 7 BLU32 units that are being used in other areas of the complex.
    The system is also running 11 Crown Cts8200CN and 9 Crown Cts4200CN amplifiers controlled via SA (Hmmm, one software solution....wouldn't that make it easy)
    All switches are Cisco with seperate VLan for the CN traffic, connected over a gigabit fibre backbone with the main control interface being AMX

I agree strongly that this should be a supported feature as i have a number of other installations in the pipe, and the main comment from clients is 'its an Ethernet device and i want to login with multiple users or from multiple areas.
    Dan, can we start a petition?

Cheers

Rob
  • Options
    Email. I'm serious. Lots and lots of emails. If nobody cares enough to write an email, the request won't get much weight. In the email list the job you need it for. Location, size, etc. If you have 6 jobs, either detail them all, or send 6 emails. That's what'll make a difference.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.