Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Logic Q's

Can someone give me an idea how can I do this in Londondon Architect, I need to play a particular audio source automatically in a given time where in I have 8 zones each zones will have different sources to play, let us say in the same time? Can someone give me the possibilities of the logics can do?

Comments

• Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Hi Virleo,

in the logic section there is a 'calander object' This is a logic source that you can set to go on and off at set times of the day or on a particular date, etc. If you go to the properties tab, you will see the configuration options.

Wire the calander object to either a logic end that you can then place on a control port output for relay control, or a serial trigger that will output a 'play' command using hex or ASCII to a 232 port on your audio source

Depending how you want to trigger your source, you can also place a 'manual override' on the system by placing a logic source underneath the calander object, wire both if them into an 'AND' gate, so that the circuit will only activate when the logic source is enabled.

If you need to do this to 8 devices, you can either create the same circuit and place the logic ends onto multiple control ports.
    You can also get a serial unit that take one in, and has multiple outputs - for each trigger, you place a destination port address, so that the serial string will say (in hex) 'send play command to port 1' or 'send play command to port 2' . The protocol for this would be available from the manufacturer. I have not used any devices I am unsure of a manufacturer for this. I am sure a google search should bring something up.

Cheers

Rob
This discussion has been closed.