Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

LOGIC OUTPUTS

I lack of logic output ports for triggering all my sources can I use the serial port of the blu-80? If yes can some explain it to me what are the configurations and specifications power ratings? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    No. You can not.

Dan
  • Options
    VirleoVirleo Posts: 9
    Thanks Dan but I was hoping if u can give me an advice what to do I have 5 sources and I need it to play and stop it automatically in a particular time thats why I asked foe this serial thing. Is there another way to have more logic outs in blu80 can bss customize this like the I/O cards? :roll:
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    * There's no way to get more than 6 control outputs from a single Soundweb London device.
    * There is no way to use the serial port as additional control outputs. Attempting to do so will result in damage to or destruction of the serial port controller.

You're going to need to find a different solution. Either use serial control for the playback devices or convert the contact closures to IR with OPEN being the stop command and CLOSED being the play command or something else. You're not going to get 10 control outputs no matter what you do.

Dan
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Hi Virleo,

I would say you need something like this

http://www.gilderfluke.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=21

It allows one 232 port to control up to 8 232 devices. Read up on the specs, if not i am sure there is another manufacturer that will allow one 232 port to control relay outputs to trigger your 'start/stop' commands

Cheers

Rob

P.S. I have not used this device with a BLU80 , but it looks like it should all work.
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    this is another option that looks like it will work as well - this will allow multiple cascades so up to 16 serial ports can be controlled independantly

http://www.bb-elec.com/product_family.asp?FamilyId=102

cheers

Rob
  • Options
    HannaleeHannalee Posts: 56
    or goto RS485.com they sell an rs232 controlled relay board ( which seems to be what you want )
  • Options
    Why don't you just use a 4:16 demultiplexer?

I'm new at all this, so maybe I don't quite understand your problem, but it seems like you should be able to use 5 of the logic output pins to drive up to 16 different triggers by way of an outboard demultiplexer.

In LA, use the Priority Encoder to take individual calender sources (source 1 play, source 2 stop, etc.) and encode them into binary. Use the \"DV\" output (with a single pulse trigger) to trigger the flip flop of an outboard (physical) 4:16 demux. Bingo, bango, 16 output pins! (I think)

Is this what you are trying to do?
This discussion has been closed.