Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Relay switch box controlled by 3088

Hi all,

I am planning a five zone installation where I intend to use the 3088. In one of the rooms there are two different positions for the stage so we need two speaker systems.

When the stage is in the first position speaker A is left and speaker B is right. In the second position speaker A is right and speaker C is left and delay speakers D and E are used.

Also, in the first position I intend to use one subwoofer placed somewhere near speaker A. For second stage position I'll maybe add another subwoofer placed close to speaker C.

The two positions will be chosen from a wall panel controller 9015.

Is there a relay switching box with, say 6 balanced inputs and 12 outputs that can be controlled from the logic control output of the 3088 available on the market? Or should I pull out the soldering iron and put one together myself? That shouldn't be too hard, should it?

I apologise for the somewhat blurry description of the installation and I hope it makes sense in some way.

Thank you for your help,

Anders Haggblom
Kainos Media
Finland

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Why not do all of the switching inside the 3088 using some source selectors and two parameter preset states? It sounds as though you could just set up your outputs with a source selector before each output.

3088 Output 1: Speaker A
    3088 Output 2: Speaker B
    3088 Output 3: Speaker C
    3088 Output 4: Delay D
    3088 Output 5: Delay E
    3088 Output 6: Sub near A
    3088 Output 7: Sub near C

Put a source selector before each output and create a parameter preset containing all of the source selectors.

Preset for \"First Position\"
    Source Selector 1 = Left
    Source Selector 2 = Right
    Source Selector 3 = no signal
    Source Selector 4 = no signal
    Source Selector 5 = no signal
    Source Selector 6 = Sub
    Source Selector 7 = no signal

Preset for \"Second Position\"
    Source Selector 1 = Right
    Source Selector 2 = no signal
    Source Selector 3 = Left