Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Fan noise

Hi,

This is hypothetical so bear with me.

If I wanted to use a 9088 in a domestic critical listening/home theatre application where the only location for the unit would be in the listening space is there a quieter fan available?

Is the not insignificant noise generated from the turbulence of the air flow through the grille cutout?

Has anyone tried swapping fans at all?

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Options
    I have change many fans in these units, the issue is the size of the fans. Its not a standard size and therefore very difficult to replace with a \"quiet\" part.
  • Options
    SteVENSteVEN Posts: 27
    Thanks for your reply Mark.

So did you have any success in finding a suitable part? Would you be kind enough to share a part number?

Thanks
    Steve
  • Options
    Steve, the only fan i could get that fitted the unit was supplied by an authorised spare parts supplier part no.KDE0535PFB-8 SUNON.
    hope this is of some help.
    Mark
  • Options
    Thanks Mark,

No google hits on that one but I know Sunon are a fan manufacturer. I'll have a dig around on their site.

Thanks for your help!

Steve
  • Options
    AndrewTAndrewT Posts: 19
    Steve,

I'm looking at using a 9088 for my HT so the fan noise issue is of importance to me.

How did you go with locating a quiet fan? Did you get one that suited your purpose?

Andrew
  • Options
    Sorry, no. I just got a standard replacement through the Swedish repair shop.

I suppose the 9088 could be located remotely in an equipment cupboard or rack and balancd lines used to send audio with the benfit of noise rejection. That of course assumes your receiving equipment has balanced inputs. Otherwise you'll need to install input isolation transformers.
  • Options
    I made a new lid from folded steel and mounted a 120mm fan on top running on the 5v rail - whisper quiet.
This discussion has been closed.