Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Noise in a 3088

Greetings,

I just loaded a design into a new 3088 and I get a very high level of noise at all of the ouputs. I created a new design with one input feeding an EQ and the EQ driving the ouput. Same noise.
Using dynamic metering all seems quiet until I look at the output of a DSP device (the EQ). Do I just have a noisey DSP chip?

Thanks for any advice

John

Comments

• Options
    jvoelkljvoelkl Posts: 8
    OK,
    I forgot to tell you that I physically disconnected all of the input connectors too. No change. Still noisy

John
  • Options
    weasthamweastham Posts: 22
    What happens when you mute the output in Designer?

If you can see noise on the output of the EQ with dynamic metering, does anything change when you physically disconnect ALL input and output wiring?
  • Options
    Will FraserWill Fraser Posts: 107
    Hi John -
    Make sure you are using the latest firmware for Soundweb Designer 1.50
  • Options
    William and Will,

When I disconnect the inputs and outputs I still see noise using the dynamic metering tool.
    As far as the firmware is concerned, Will has a good point. I assumed the firmware was the latest version considering the 3088 is only a few weeks old. I will look at the firmware version tomorrow at the job site.

Thanks for your help.

John
  • Options
    Gentlemen,

Problem solved. I received a new 3088ML, loaded the original design and all is well. The \"suspect 3088ML\" is now on it's way to John Clark at HMG. Thanks for all of you help. After the noisy components are replaced there might be a pristine \"B\" stock unit available!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

John
This discussion has been closed.