Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Meter Trigger object

Can I have a brief explanation of the functionality of this meter? The help file (1.14) doesn't list it.

This is what I was hoping to rig up:
I have volume presets on calendar triggers. It all works fine with background music, but if they introduce a DJ (and hit the corresponding DJ volume preset) at let's say 7:30 pm, at 8pm the calendar function will reset the volume to where it's supposed to be if their ipod was the source.

If I use a logic object like the Truth Table to pass the calendar trigger only if there is no signal on the DJ line the system will not reset. Can I do this with the Meter Trigger object?

Comments

• Options
    The Meter Trigger is almost exactly like the other (RMS and Normal) meter objects in that that have a single audio input and controls to adjust the ballistics (time constants) and reference levels.

The difference is that the Meter Trigger has an additional indicator which will illuminate whenever the audio signal present exceeds 0db on the meter scale. This indicator can be linked just like a button or trigger such as a logic source to any other State Variable in your design.

So when you combine this with the Reference control, you can now generate events when the audio signal exceeds anything from -50 - +20db on that meter object.

Hope that makes sense.... it's been a while....

Thanks

Martin
This discussion has been closed.