Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Setting Input Types on 3088

I am trying to upload a new control program into the soundweb. I keep getting the following message:

The following devices have the wrong options set :-
* Name : Studio B Type : 3088 DSP
'Input 1-4' is set up as 'Mic Input' in design,
but as 'Line Input' on network device.

How can I change the network device to 'Mic Input' on ' Input 1-4'?

Comments

• Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    When offline and in design mode, right click the unit on the dsp box in the main window. Go to properties. Scroll through the options on the tab bars until you find the input / output configuration. (sorry haven't got designer loaded on this machine)

Change it to suit (Input 1-4 from mic to line). OK out of the properties menu.

Go back online. load all, job done.

Cheers

Rob
  • Options
    jrsjrs Posts: 3
    Hi Rob,

I just tried that again but I get the same message and do not get the option to load anything in the network window. Any reason why it will not let me load the new input setting over the old one?
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    You can't load an \"input setting\" because there is no such thing. In each slot, you install either a mic card or a line card and you set the software to match.

Dan
  • Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    When you open designer, while still in 'design' mode and when offline and not anywhere near the network window, find the map window with the device named 'Studio B'. Right click on the processor, and a menu tree will appear. Click on 'properties'.
    In this tabbed option menu, you will find one page that relates to the units Input configuration. Change it so that the design matches the network hardware. (from mic to Line).
    OK out of the menu.
    Go to the network window, select 'go online' . Designer should go online and find the 'studio B' device and say that it needs to be loaded.

Load the device with your offline design file, and make beautiful noise.

Hope this is clearer.

Rob
This discussion has been closed.