Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Omnidrive/Minidrive
Options

copy and paste parametes in LA for FDS-366t

I just want to be able to copy and paste settings between different outputs on my FDS 366. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Unfortunately, I don't think there is. You can stereo link them which will cause changes on one output to be relfected on another output. If you're using the LLMMHH configuration, then you'd get channel links like this:
    1:2
    3:4
    5:6
    or if you're using the LMHLMH config, it would be:
    1:4
    2:5
    3:6

I think that's the only way.

Dan
  • Options
    boburtzboburtz Posts: 4
    Is there a \"wish list\" thread? It would be nice to have a copy/paste for the FDS in LA. It seems like all of the other manufacturer's software has that simple feature.

How about longer program names? Seems silly, but eight characters is simply not enough.

Output names on the output view, maybe below the mute buttons or above the level meters.

Other than those few things, I do find the software to be quite intuitive and easy to use.
  • Options
    I can add the copy/paste request to the list, but you're going to have to tell me what I'm missing. I can't figure out any situation in which you'd want to copy/paste rather than just putting the device into stereo mode. What am I not seeing?

Dan
  • Options
    boburtzboburtz Posts: 4
    If you have three sets of two way delay speakers that require the same eq's and crossovers, It would be easier to just copy and paste EQ settings and crossover settings. The crossover settings are easy enough, but the way the eq manipulation works, it can be rather time consuming to setup separate eqs across all six outs... I'm sure there are other uses. Sometimes I like to keep my outputs separate, not stereo linked. It gives me more control.

Also, is there a manual (or portion therof) that is specific to the FDS-366 software portion of LA? I'm sure there are some features available that I don't know about and would really enjoy using. Please forgive all of my requests, I'm new to the unit and really interested in getting the most out of it.
  • Options
    Oh! Right. You're talking about in LHLHLH mode. Copying from 1 to 3 and 5 or from 2 to 4 and 6. Makes perfect sense. That definitely doesn't exist right now. I have a bad feeling that doing it will take a LOT of work. I could be wrong though. I'll add it to the list.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.