Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Controlling London Architect via a VPN

Is it possible to connect and control a London Architect device while connected via a VPN to the local network where the device lives? If so, are there any specific ports that need to be open to get London talking?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, it's possible, I use it regularly.

All of the details you need can be found in the 'Reference Section' of the help file.

In short, once a standard VPN tunnel is established, all you need to do is input the IP Addresses of all remote devices in to London Architect to set up a Static Route since the device discovery process won't work through the tunnel. Once that's done then it's just like you were sitting next to the boxes on the same local network.

Of course there are bandwith factors to consider but none that should surprise you....

Martin
  • Options
    gtggtg Posts: 3
    Could you possibly offer some insight on why the London device won't respond to a ping when connected to a Linksys VPN, but the linksys router itself can ping it. I can also ping every other device on the network when connected with the vpn client except the London. I've never seen anything like this before.
This discussion has been closed.