Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Control via AMX & Crestron

Hi i have 2 questions:

* i never controled a BLU 80 via Crestron or AMX. Both manufacturer offer control of external devices via ethernet. does it also work with the BLU80s. Or do i have to use RS232?

* if i have a big network of BLU 80s and i send an AMX comand into one BLU80, which is adressed for any other BLU 80 in the network. will it work? are the AMX comands transmittet to the right unit? with both connections - RS232 and ethernet?

thank you!

alex

Comments

• Options
    You can control any BSS Audio Soundweb London unit with RS232 or TCP/IP (Ethernet). You do not have to make a separate connection to each unit. Each control string sent will have the Node address embedded and the London's will proxy (forward) the string to other units on the network if the message is not intended for them.

Both AMX and Crestron have certified modules for controlling Soundweb London's via RS232 or TCP/IP. Dan has posted a 'sticky' in this forum where you can download Crestron modules. It is strongly suggested you download Crestron modules from this forum rather than Crestron's web site because these modules have been updated for easier programability, bug fixes, and more efficient data flow.

To download AMX's code go here http://www.amx.com/techcenter/ (you must have a login) and select \"Search Third Party Devices\" from the left hand side of the page. Type \"BSS\" into the manufacturer field and you see the available code for all BSS Audio products.

If you would like to control Soundweb London's with some other 3rd party controller then you can use the DI Kit documentation which is located on your PC after installing London Architect (by default it is here: C:\\Program Files\\Harman Pro\\London Architect\\London DI Kit.pdf). Dan has already made a post regarding this resource in the forum and you should consult this post for more information.
This discussion has been closed.