Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

2 architect questions

The first question is probebly simple but i cannot find out how so..
Is it possible to open a design file and have the custom controll pannels be in a fixed order so each time (for instance)
intro menu input menu input eq's etc.
Right now if i open up a design file they are almost never in the position i last saved the file.

Second question
Would it be possible to make a link button for 2 processing objects of the same kind in wich all controlls are linked from these proccessing objects.
(like a link button on some analog compressors in wich treshhold ratio attack and release are linked and you just adjust the settings on the first)
I'm using a lot of filters (hp/phase/lp) and to program a link on each controll separate takes a lot of time also if i'm using these fiters on a sub array/line it would make the adjusting of vallue's a lot faster.
Note this should not be a filter with multiple inputs but just a link of controlls

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Question 1) no

Question 2) It's on the wish list. No clue if/when it'll be implemented.

Dan
  • Options
    mupi2kmupi2k Posts: 40
    \timo\ wrote:
    The first question is probebly simple but i cannot find out how so..
    Is it possible to open a design file and have the custom controll pannels be in a fixed order so each time (for instance)
    intro menu input menu input eq's etc.
    Right now if i open up a design file they are almost never in the position i last saved the file.

Second question
    Would it be possible to make a link button for 2 processing objects of the same kind in wich all controlls are linked from these proccessing objects.
    (like a link button on some analog compressors in wich treshhold ratio attack and release are linked and you just adjust the settings on the first)
    I'm using a lot of filters (hp/phase/lp) and to program a link on each controll separate takes a lot of time also if i'm using these fiters on a sub array/line it would make the adjusting of vallue's a lot faster.
    Note this should not be a filter with multiple inputs but just a link of controlls

While #1 may, as Dan says, not be technically possible, there are ate least a couple of ways to work around it.

Method #1, if you use the design security settings, you can define the \"start\" panel for the user. If you want to have a basic passwordless login, you can either create a user with no password, or define the start page for admin. This will allow you to have an \"intro\" or \"splash\" type screen come up first.

Method #2, which can be used in conjunction with #1, is to place buttons or hyperlinks on your page (I didn't like the look of any of the default buttons, so I used a hyperlink sitting on top of a frame to make my own; I didn't feel like uploading 18 custom graphics just for buttons when the frames provided a nice look). On the control panel, you can place the buttons/hyperlinks in any order you choose. You can then select \"remove tab bar\" in the Going Online section of the File Preferences, and your links will take people to your pages, in the order you choose. (oh yeah, you do need to link the hyperlinks to the correct page, first, I left out that step as self-explantory...but it occurs to me maybe that's a bad idea...)

The biggest downside to #2 is if you decide to restructure the tab order, you have to change it on every panel, and that can get very tedious if you have a lot of pages, but for small designs should work well.

Method #3 is to use nested control panels with the \"control panel page\" options. I just went through the online tutorial for those, and realized that while on first blush it seemed using nested control panel pages would make my design more complicated, in fact, quite the opposite is true. For example, you can define content that will appear on every page. This way, you can implement the \"menu bar\" once, and if you have to make some changes to it, you only need to change one page, and all of your associated pages are changed. I am just beginning to explore this method, but I think it may lead to an entry in the contest :)

This method also allows you to define a \"start\" page, which could accomplish what you are after.

One of the above, or some combination of it, should work for your needs.

mike
  • Options
    mupi2kmupi2k Posts: 40
    Also I want to second the request for #2 from the original post.

Please please please!!!! I need to link two GEQs and there isn't (or at least, I couldn't find it...) a way to do it. I even tried to link each band separately, but that wouldn't work for me.

I don't want a stereo GEQ because I want to be able to EQ differently on request (it isn't often needed, but the times it is, it is REALLY needed. A link, which can be switched on or off, would fit the bill perfectly.

Please please please!!!! :) can I email the engineering team? should I email you so you can forward it to them? This would make a fantastic product that much better.

mike
This discussion has been closed.