Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Latching Buttons

So I have 4 rooms that combine. (no prob there). I've made a custom panel that has 4 boxes( quadrants). Rooms are A,B,C,D. I need to combine the rooms as follows:
-All
-None
-A&B
-B&C
-C&D
-A&D

So I made Presets for all the combining. The problem is that the buttons aren't latching to show the state of the combine. Also every time I push a combine button it changes the state of the matrix router and doesn't \"add\" to the state of the matrix router i.e., if I push the A&B button I created then push the B&C button I created, only B&C will be combined and I lose the A&B combine.
So all I want is the 4 buttons to #1 latch (turn red when pressed and stay that way until pushed again) #2 Combine A&B with a button and then press another button for B&C and combine those without losing A&B. Thanks!

P.S. I'm using it in conjunction with 13 Blu-10's.

Comments

• Options
    First problem - Recalling a preset is an event. Presets are not states. So, buttons assigned to trigger presets will never \"latch\". If you want indicators of which rooms are combined, you need to create those indicators (LEDs, buttons, regions, whatever) and add them to the preset groups.

Second problem - if you've included the entire matrix router in the preset group, then you're recalling values for then entire matrix router every time you recall a preset from that group. If you want to trigger a preset which only changes part of the matrix router, then you need a preset group with only part of that matrix router in it.

Have you looked at the application guides for room combining? Those might help out with this.

Dan
  • Options
    which application guide would you recommend? I've already looked at the 08 4 Room Combine v7. Thanks again.
  • Options
    mupi2kmupi2k Posts: 40
    If you need to indicate the state, you can use the logic layer.

Use a logic counter set to 1, the output of the counter will be latched, and can be connected to a logic end, which can then be used to light up a button.

Taking this a step further, if you use a preset selector in binary mode, you could set up presets for each of the modes.

This will work the way you expect, with the downside that you will have to create presets to cover each combination. In other words, instead of a preset for A+B, one for B+C, one for A+B & B+C, etc.

I did a more limited version of this in a project where I wanted to have both a button and preset selector trigger the same indicator on a panel. Its kinda ugly on the logic side, since I want the button to toggle the current state of the preset in question. The switch is wired to the counter to set the state, and through an and gate to reset the counter and set the logic state back to 0. The trick is that you have to delay the pulse being used to generate the reset, to prevent the button from retriggering itself. The 100ms delay is not significant to my project.

then I decided to get creative, since the point was to trigger a \"muted\" preset, and if you individually trigger all of the affected mutes (total of four) it also engages the preset, and lights the indicator. So now I have three ways to trigger, or clear, the preset. Needlessly complicated, yes, but kinda fun, and makes it easier for someone unfamiliar with the system to operate it, which in my case was a significant design goal.

Anyway, the bottom line, it takes a bit of logic work, but it is possible to do if you can tolerate a couple of hundred ms delay in triggering presets.

Another way to do this would be a string of smaller matrices, but this might sap your DSP more than one large one.

I'm not sure how to implement a parameter preset group that only covers part of a matrix router; perhaps dan could elaborate on that?

mike
This discussion has been closed.