Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

USP3-CN Error Reporting

I am trying to find out a little more about the error-reporting feature of the USP3/CN cards.

Where do these “Standard” Error Reports go?

I set up a test with a signal and gain settings in a blu-80 that would cause a CTs2000 using a USP3/CN PIP2 card to clip every 2 or 3 seconds. In the error-reporting tab of the default control panel (in London Architect), I set up the clip count and time so that, when using the “Report to AUX” setting, I would occasionally get a flash on the “out” light (in the control panel). I then selected the “Standard” box under ‘clip’ in the error reporting of that channel. From the vague hints at this feature from the USP3/CN user manual and the help file of London Architect “[the] USP3-CN can provide feedback information such as error reporting…”, I thought these errors would show up in the “Event Log” but I do not see them there.

To specify some of the other settings that may be of interest: The mode on the error reporting tab is set to “report errors”, the pull-down menus on the Event Log page are set to: “Show all classes”, “Show all devices” and “Active Eventlog”. I had just recently deleted and flushed all other reports in the Eventlog. The “Enable log collection” box is checked and the slider is all the way to “All the time” in the “Event Log Frequency” portion of the Application Preferences.

I am using several CTs2000 amplifiers with USP3/CN cards for power testing (to failure) of speakers, and it would be nice if (by using the load monitoring feature) I could know exactly when a specific speaker dies.

Comments

• Options
    Pip cards don't report to the London Architect event log. For information on other functions of the pip cards, you'll need to contact Crown. All London Architect does is control the cards.

Dan
  • Options
    Thanks. I think part of my confusion was that I didn't realize the \"device's event log\" described in the Event Log Monitor logic source's help listing was a different entity than the London Architect event log.

The \"Event Log Monitor\" logic source can see the PIP's event log and give a logic high for an (explicitly specified) error reported in the PIP's event log though, right?

(If this is still a question of the other functions of the cards and should be directed at Crown, forgive me.)
  • Options
    Correct about the logic object. The big happy list of event numbers is here:
    http://www.bssaudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109

To clarify \"device's event log\", each piece of hardware has an event log. On a scheduled basis, Soundweb London devices transmit the contents of their event logs to London Architect which merges them into the London Architect event log. This is a function of the hardware, so only Soundweb London devices know to report to London Architect. For other devices, their eventlog needs to be queried be something like the Event Log Monitor object. Make sense?

Dan
  • Options
    That makes perfect sense, thank you so much.

I thought I had read through all of the forums, I'm not sure how I missed that list of Event Log IDs. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Robin
This discussion has been closed.