Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Event Log Monitor issues

I set up a CTs2000 amplifier using a USP3/CN PIP card to frequently clip Channel 2.

Then, in the USP3/CN default control panel, I set the clip error reporting so it would report this error. (This error reporting was confirmed using IQWic)

I then set up an Event Log Monitor logic source looking at that amp set to Category 16 and ID 22 (excessive clipping on channel 2).

The logic source never went high.
I also created a situation where there were load and line voltage errors as well (by constraining the tolerances for error condition) and was not able to get a logic high on Event Log Monitors for IDs 44 or 61 either.

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I know the device listed is correct (confirmed the HiQ address listed) and I know it is actually reporting errors (by checking IQWic) but I've got to be missing something.

Is there some obvious step or setting that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,

Robin

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Check that you're seeing the same errors in SYSTEM Architect as you are in IQwic.

If you're not then contact Crown about the problem and pay particular attention to the version of firmware you're running in the PIP card.

Hope this helps.

Martin
  • Options
    Thanks Martin,

I hadn't actually checked which version of the firmware is on those cards. I know I updated to the most recent firmware when I first built this rack, but that was sometime this past summer and may have been before the most recent (July 2007) update.

I will make sure it is up to date and then try System Architect.

Another thing I need to try is a different amp (which I should have tried before posting here). That particular amp is relatively new and already has some issues with these PIP cards (thermal reading at 100% and some other known issues). The fix for it may have created an issue. I'll try an older amp as well as a new amp whose card I haven't fixed yet and report back.

Thanks again for you suggestion,

Robin
  • Options
    I upgraded the firmware (to 2.0.8.6) and it appears to have fixed the problem. I had just been assuming it was something I was doing wrong, not a bug in the actual equipment.

Thanks for the suggestion!

My only problem now is with this list of IDs http://www.bssaudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109

It doesn't appear to be correct (at least for this one amp).

I am getting Channel 2 Clip errors with ID 4
    Channel 2 Load above limit errors with ID 10
    and Channel 2 Load below limit errors with ID 9

I guess I'll try contacting Crown.
This discussion has been closed.