Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

problem in connecting BLU-80 to my pc

well, i have a problem in connecting a blu 80 to my pc , althought the ip of the blu 80 and my bc are almost the same , but i dont what is the problem if anybody have any idea about that plz hit me up,also i wanted u to know that i tried connecting the BLU-80 to my pc via cross cable and still i have the same problem,

Comments

• Options
    \beeboo\ wrote:
    well, i have a problem in connecting a blu 80 to my pc , althought the ip of the blu 80 and my bc are almost the same , but i dont what is the problem if anybody have any idea about that plz hit me up,also i wanted u to know that i tried connecting the BLU-80 to my pc via cross cable and still i have the same problem,

Hi,
    Either use a switch or a crossover cable, makes no difference
    Use a non-blocking unmanaged switch for this test.

Make sure you plug the ethernet cable into the port marked 'ethernet' on the back of the BLU80.
    Power up the BLU80.

Confirm what ethernet range the BLU80 it is on. If fresh out of the box it will be something like 169.254.xxx.xxx . (initially it will be 0.0.0.0) with a subnet of 255.255.0.0

*Edit - The IP address will appear on the front screen on the unit Press the locate button if you want to scroll through the other menus.

If the above is true, change your PC network adapter to auto IP. (ignore the 'limited or no connectivity dialogue that comes up)

This will set your PC to a 169.254.xxx.xxx ip range, also in the 255.255.0.0 subnet

Open LA and go to 'view/network' on the toolbar.

When the tab opens you should see the BLU80 on your network.

If not on the top of the network menu there is a 'preferences' tab.
    Select this and confirm your PC network adapter is selected.

If it isn't select it and apply changes.

Refresh your network view and the device will appear.

Cheers

Rob
This discussion has been closed.