Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

BLU-10 questions: Documentation/contrast/hard buttons/etc.

I'm working on my first project involving BLU-10s, and in the process have run into a couple of quirks that I'm hoping someone here can help me out with.

---

1) BLU-10 documentation seems pretty sparse. Is there anything in addition to the installation sheets and couple of pages in the London Architect help file?

2) Is there any way to adjust the contrast/viewing angle? I seem to recall reading that this isn't possible, but that seems a tad silly...

3) Can the two hard buttons be disabled? (Without voiding the warranty...ahem...). The page-list button seems to be a source of infinite confusion for end users, especially since the graphic on the button is the same as the \"restore window\" button in MS Windows.

4) Can the [open] text that gets automatically placed in the third line of a button that links to another BLU-10 page be hidden or disabled? It clutters up the screen, and is not necessary in my particular application.

---

Any assistance or suggestions regarding these issues would be greatly appreciated. My apologies if any of these questions have already been answered - I did do a forum search, but didn't come across the answers I was looking for.

Best regards,

Edward

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    1) http://www.SoundwebTraining.com

2) next version of software

3) no

4) no

Dan
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification, Dan!

I guess the client will have to wait for the next version of software to get more readable displays. It's too bad about the hard buttons and [open] text, though I'm sure the client can live with them.

Thanks for the soundwebtraining.com tip, too! It looks like the interactive modules are similar to the ones used for pre-class training back when the London line first came out. I wasn't aware of the online training sessions they offer though! Perhaps I should sign up for the BLU-8/BLU-10 programming class...

Thanks again!

Edward
This discussion has been closed.