Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Crestron best practices

Hey Guys, I am installing a system with 4 Blu-80s and one blu-32. I will be controlling all of this stuff over IP. Currently I am connecting to every london I need to control and routing that specific units controls direct to it.

It occurs to me that I may only need to connect to one. Does it matter if I connect to more than one? Which one should I connect to?

Just to be safe I will give a little background. On 2 of my 80s I have a 24x4 matrix mixer that feed bundles going to my 32. This breaks out and goes to 4 \"listening stations\" where someone controls the levels records it onto a pc. Each one of these 4 pcs will have their own controls. There will be 2 crestron touchpanels controlling audio from a control room. I will have 2 other stations elsewhere that control some wireless mics and some program audio. Also, randomly there will be someone with an Xpanel controlling things from time to time.

{admin edit - inappropriate language removed}

Comments

• Options
    You only need to address serial commands to one device on the network. That device will forward the commands to the intended destination. That's why the serial string contains the HiQnet Node Address. In theory, you'd want to avoid sending strings to a device which is also doing a lot of logic processing as this could delay or interupt the strings. Not likely, but it could happen.

Also, remember that this is a public user group and even mild profanity can upset some people. Behave.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.