Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Firmware updating

It seems that since 1.14 software almost every time I connect to a system it asks me to upgrade the firmware. If I connect the second time with the same computer it all goes smooth. But if I use a different computer (same Architect software version) it will ask to upgrade the firmware. I then use the first computer again and sure enough, I have to upgrade the firmware.

I just received a Blu-80 from service and I assume it was upgraded to the latest firmware, but I can't connect to it before upgrading firmware. I checked if there is a newer Architect software, but no- I'm current.

Is there possibly a bug in the software where maybe it compares the \"date created\" of the firmware on the local machine and in the Blu and since every computer installed the latest Architect at a different time, the dates never really match- eventhough the firmware is otherwise identical?

Comments

• Options
    You probably have two different versions of London Architect installed without realizing it. There are three different releases of v1.14. All three releases say \"v1.14\" on the splash screen that comes up when you launch the software. The only way to see the difference is to look in HELP|ABOUT and check the release number. Since the big difference between R2 and R3 is firmware, that'll cause exactly what you're seeing.

Do a fresh install of v1.14R3 on both machines and see if that fixes the problem. If not, call tech support because you've got something cool going on.

Dan
  • Options
    If that's the case, then the \"check for updates\" button doesn't work, because eventhough I was on release 2 it didn't find release 3.
    I upgraded to 3 and again went through the firmware update process. We'll see what happens when the tech hooks up his machine. He is on release 3.
  • Options
    Interestingly enough, this problem seems to have reared its head in the v2.02 as well. I un/reinstalled Soundweb and still sometimes have to reload the firmware. This happens both for BLU-80 and BLU-32 units, but only when I change between 48 and 96k. Remaining at the currently loaded sample rate and simply changing the architect file configuration simply prompts the \"Needs Loading\" dialog.

It's not such a big deal, obviously the extra minute of load time won't be an issue in the shop, but it'd be cool to get that fixed.
  • Options
    You're being asked to 'reload firmware' because the CobraNet card needs a different firmware version depending upon the sample rate it's required to work at.

London Architect started taking care of your CobraNet firmware a long time ago. Nothing strange going on, it's by design.....

Martin
  • Options
    Ahh, very well. Nevermind then! Thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.