Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

System Resources 100%

Sorry in advance for the length of this post but I think all of this is some how interconnected.
I am a new owner of a mostly installed arena sound system. I am trying to learn the system quickly as I have lost most of the local tech support and seem to be on my own at this point. I will be taking the online training and hope to go to Infocomm in Las Vegas for the additional training.
First a bit of back ground:
The system is utilizing 1 Blu 80, 2 Blu 32 (1 is connected via fibre optic on the other end of the arena), 1 Crestron CP2, 2 Crestron Touch Screens and a Yamaha LS9-32 using Cobranet. We are running BGM 24/7 and also have 2 microphones being supplied Phantom power over the ice running through the system 24/7 via the Blu 32 across the fibre optic. We are currently running all the ethernet through one switcher (a massive overload I understand) and I have 2 Cisco switches programmed and ready to go in as soon as someone tells me how to set them up.
2 Questions to start:
1)The London Architect program says the system resources are at 100% capacity. Do I need to replace a Blu 32 with an 80 in order to acquire additional system resources?
2)We are constantly having an interesting patching problem where one of the Matrix presets switches by itself from 11 to 10 which routes a considerable amount of audio to ceiling speakers simultaneously. Is this a product of the switches over loading or the system resources being full?
Please advise,
Sorry again for the length

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Your switch isn't overloaded and doesn't need to be replaced unless there's a LOT of information which you're not sharing. You have only 3 BLU devices which means, at most, 48 inputs. Even if the programming is ridiculously inefficient, that's still only 6 multicast bundles. I have $65 switches from Office Depot in my rack that will handle that situation easily.

1) System resources are at 100%??? You should have a good programmer look at that design file. From your description, your system is fairly simple. I have a design file which uses a single BLU-80 to feed 44 discreet output zones with eq/gain/delay/comp on every output and it's only using 83%. There are probably a lot of ways to make the design file more efficient. (oops... did I just advise agaist throwing money at the problem?)

2) There has never been a case of the Soundweb London DSP changing audio routing by itself or at random or because the switches \"overloaded\" or because the dsp usage was at 100% or because fairies had infiltrated the network. If the Soundweb London system is rerouting audio, it's because something is telling it to do so. The most likely culprits are:
    * the Crestron system
    * logic programming in BLU
    * the Crestron system
    * control ports
    * the Crestron system
    If none of those things are causing it, then it's probably the Crestron system.

You should contact Marc Genest at Soundcraft Canada (your distributor) and enlist his assistance with this problem. The main phone number for them is +1 (514) 595 3966. Somebody there can put you in touch with Marc.

Dan
  • Options
    Wow... thanks for that... for a while I was blaming the Crestron System.... LOL Actually, as soon as you mentioned the logic programming in Blu I remembered there is a Logic step which reroutes everything for our Emergency Paging Mic Announce then resets it... Eureka! It might just be resetting it to an old program file!
    Or it could be the Crestron System...
    As for the System Resources, I would love to have someone look at it.
    Thanks again... It gives me something to start with. I'll keep you posted...
This discussion has been closed.