Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Logic end control up down gain

I want to control gain by a logic end.
How can I do this?
I've tried to link logic end with Spin up control, but it remove the control of the gain by this Spin up.
Is there any solution to do this?
The project is to use a BLU6 to select a zone and after adjust the level of the selected zone.

Sylvain.

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    edited April 2009
    I LOVE THIS QUESTION!

What you're asking for \"can't be done\" because there's no way to link anything to a spin increment or spin decrement button. Since it \"can't be done\", here's what you do....

<mad scientist hat>

Step 1) First, we need something to control. Place an 8-channel n-input gain in the design file and run the 8 signals through it that we want to control.

Step 2) We need a way to have the rotary selector make changes to logic. Since a Logic Value can't be assigned directly to a control input, we'll need to do this the hard way. Place a source selector in the design file and assign it to a control input, then link it to a logic value object.

Step 3) We need a way for the up/down buttons on the 9015 (American name for the BLU-6) to control logic. Place two logic sources in the design file and link them to control inputs.

Step 4) Run the logic value and the logic sources through a bunch of ANDs (or a truth table) so that we end up with 16 data lines. One of these lines being on for each possible combination of a pressed button and a source selector position. So we have 1 up, 1 down, 2 up, 2 down, etc.

Step 5) Take these 16 logic lines and wire them to the 16 inputs of a serial trigger/table set for list mode.

Step 6) Program the first pair of serial trigger/table inputs to send DI_BUMPSVPERCENT commands to:
    HiQnet Node Address 0x00 0x00
    Virtual Device 0x03
    Object ID 0x00 0x01 0x00
    SV ID 0x00 0x00
    The first input needs to be programmed to send an up bump and the second to send a down bump. You can set them for whatever % bump you want.
    The remaining 7 pairs of inputs are exactly the same but the SV IDs are:
    2 - 0x00 0x01
    3 - 0x00 0x02
    4 - 0x00 0x03
    5 - 0x00 0x04
    6 - 0x00 0x05
    7 - 0x00 0x06
    8 - 0x00 0x07

Step 7) THE MAGIC! - Stick a DB9 connector into the serial port on the back of the Soundweb London device after soldering pins 2 and 3 together on the connector.

Now, when you push the up/down buttons on the 9015, the Soundweb London device will send serial commands to itself and bump the channels of the n-input gain object up/down.

Here's a demo file that does exactly what I just described.
    http://www.bsstechsupport.com/public/forumfiles/9015BLU6Logic.zip

</mad scientist hat>

Dan
  • Options
    mupi2kmupi2k Posts: 40
    Dan, am I wrong, or do the listed objectID values only work if the n-input gain is the first object created in your design file?

It is trivial to discover the correct objectID in any case, but I can see someone who doesn't really understand what they are doing coming back in a year and griping about how it doesn't work.
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Quoting the 9015.architect demo file:

For the serial commands in this logic circuit to work, the N-Input
    Gain object must be the first processing object placed in the design
    file. This will cause the N-Input Gain to have object ID 0x000100.
    If processing objects have already been placed in the design file,
    simply delete the first object (object ID 000100), place the
    N-Input Gain and then replace the original object.

Dan