Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Crown CTs 8200 and 4200

OK in 2.0 i noticed a crown device with an * after the number 8200. This device looks like i can assign cobra net bundles to the amp. But has no cobra net input.

Now how do i connect to the 8200 from the blu-80 in London, with 8 channels? Do i need to place 4 USP/3N devices next to the amp and connect or something else?

Thanks, i am new to this and this one is really got me.

Comments

• Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Hi,

Firstly, use System Architect 1.7 to configure and set the amplifier up on the network.
    Make sure the sample rate is the same between the BLU device and the amp. Set up the inputs to reference CN or Audio inputs. Set up your CN bundle numbers.

Once configured, open up LA and set up an output bundle with the same bundle number as the amplifier input. This will get your cobranet working.

If you are running the latest versions of SA (1.70) and LA (v2.00R4) you can copy control from SA to LA custom control panels.

The cts8200* looks like it was placed so that you can create custom pages from the SV handles. If you place one in the design window, open the 'design' view, go to 'devices/cts8200' and use the explorer to see what values you can place on custom control pages.
    In the network view is the device name, etc. This needs to match between the device and the design.

From a wiring point of view, this is for your reference only and will not affect the design integrity. If you want you can create a custom .dev file called CN module and place it below the amplifier, or place a note saying there are actually 2 CN ports in use on this amplifier. View the help videos to see how to do this in the training section of the website.

Cheers

Rob
This discussion has been closed.