Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Source Selector with Bundles + Ducker bypass does not work

Hey guys...
Can i put the source selector like that on a design?
Changing the bundle source?

29vzep5.jpg

And for some reason, the ducker doesnt work. Even if i bypass the ducker i still can hear the sound, the funny thing is, when the ducker is with the bypass on, the ducker will mix the BGM and the mic together. when i turn of the bypass, it will duck.

Comments

• Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Yes you can place a source selector like that if you want.

The ducker has a setting in its properties that allows the mic to be sent to the output.

In its default state, the ducker will mute the program input and not allow the mic source to pass. modify its properties and the mic signal will be sent to the output.

cheers

Rob
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Ducker? What ducker? Somebody has been smoking the home-rolled again. There's no ducker in that screen image.

Dan
  • Options
    deafdeaf Posts: 7
    Thanks Rob. I know about that. But the problem is, when I by pass it, the ducker will combine the to sources together. If I turn off the bypass, the ducker will work fine.
    I just to know why the ducker with the bypass on will combine the 2 sources together.

Dan: I wish a have smoked the home-rolled.... But, I didn't put the print screen of the ducker here. I will put it tonight.
  • Options
    Here is the Ducker part.

duckersrd5.th.jpg

On the pic you cant see well the line. But everything is connect.
    So the problem is, when the Bypass is off the 2 signal will merge together.
    Does it means that with the bypass the ducker will act like a summer?
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Ah, now I see your ducker.

Anyway, the ducker is doing exactly what it's being told to do. The bypass button turns on/off the ducking function. When the ducking function is off, the mix function is still on because there is no bypass for it. I think most people would prefer that it work your way, but it doesn't for now.

Your problem is fairly easily solved by putting a gain object on the mic signal before the ducker. Link the mute button on the gain object to the bypass button on the ducker and the mic signal will be muted whenever you bypass the ducker.

Dan
  • Options
    Great solution. Easy and it will work fine.
    Thanks alot Dan
This discussion has been closed.