Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Region buttons

How can I link region buttons (used for navigation within control panels) with presets or logic buttons without losing their navigation functionality?

I tried adding them to preset groups- no go.
I linked them to logic sources (as suggested by Will) and lost the navigation ability.
I tried linking them to LED's but the software won't let me - I don't know why- you can link any other button to LED.
I tried creating PC control groups- as suggested by John, but it doesn't work either.
I tried using region button meters- but couldn't make it work.
I thought of bringing out the region buttons to the hardware logic outs and loop them right back in to logic inputs for preset recall, but that's a rather crude way of doing things- plus that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    rob birchrob birch Posts: 106
    Not too sure how your design is set up but i have used the page flip ability of a venue recall successfully in the past.

1. set up a parameter preset
    2.set up a venue preset that includes a 'page flip' and whichever parameter presets you have saved
    3. assign venue recall to a switch/ region.

The only thing is that a venue preset is momentary, so as part of the venue recall you will need to assign a logic output to go high and give you feedback

What should happen is that when you select the region, this will fire off the venue recall that includes a page change and preset (or multiple preset) recalls.
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    You can't assign two functions to the same button. Use a venue preset as Rob suggests.

Dan
  • Options
    J.LuszczekJ.Luszczek Posts: 159
    Not too sure how your design is set up but i have used the page flip ability of a venue recall successfully in the past.

1. set up a parameter preset
    2.set up a venue preset that includes a 'page flip' and whichever parameter presets you have saved
    3. assign venue recall to a switch/ region.

The only thing is that a venue preset is momentary, so as part of the venue recall you will need to assign a logic output to go high and give you feedback

What should happen is that when you select the region, this will fire off the venue recall that includes a page change and preset (or multiple preset) recalls.

Thanks,
    Will walked me through using venue presets as you suggested. It works well. I didn't consider them because I always thought that recalling a venue preset involves reloading DSP code, which can take a while. But, that's not necessarily the case, so I got my solution.
  • Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Yep. It's a different animal. For anybody who's not sure what the heck we're talking about, here's the recap:

Soundweb London Parameter Presets store and recall the values of specific state variables defined in the parameter preset group.

Soundweb London Device Presets store and recall the current device configuration as well as the value of every state variable in the device. Recalling a device preset will always cause an audio mute.

Soundweb London Venue Presets may do any combination of:
    1) trigger zero or more parameter presets
    2) trigger zero or more device presets
    3) perform a pageflip operation on the computer

Different tools for different jobs.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.