Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Custom Panels - bug?

I created a couple of speaker processor macros to make my designs a bit easier and faster. They have a control panel with EQ, delay limiter, etc for fast tuning. In the design I'm working on I use multiple instances of them.
I also created a few control panels for the users.
I go to set up design security and in the list of available control panels there is every instance of the speaker processor. Is there a good reason for this or can this be \"fixed\"? After all, there is no option to give the user access to every \"factory\" default control panel- such as source selectors or matrices.

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Yes, and yes, and well actually there is...

First, what you're seeing is very intentional. The design security window shows every custom control panel and also every default panel which has been opened at least once. This is because you can create hyperlinks (page flip buttons) directly to default control panels now which means you need to be able to set security for them. To clean this up, you want to go to the PANEL menu and select DELETE ALL UNREFERENCE DEFAULT CONTROL PANELS (editorial note about this below). That resets the design security window so it only shows custom control panels and any defaults opened after you executed the menu command.

The second issue is that there IS an option to give a user access to every \"factory\" default control panel. In the design security window, under design rights, give that user \"Control Panels Only\" access. That user will now be able to access every default control panel, but can't change the design file (other than by adjusting parameters). That feature is designed for the guys who are setting up the system on site. You want them to be able to tweak everything, but NOT delete objects, rewire things, etc. Pretty cool feature.

Dan

* Editorial Note * Since nobody in the world has any clue what DELETE ALL UNREFERENCED DEFAULT CONTROL PANELS means until after it's explained to them, wouldn't it be a lot more fun to just call that function WHAMMO or something? If there's no way to avoid the fact that you're going to be confused about something, wouldn't you rather be confused about a menu item called PANEL > WHAMMO? I'll bet you would have asked about it sooner.
This discussion has been closed.