Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Processing Objects

I'm looking for a more efficeint way to create ramps and crossfaders. Right now I've created a macro with tone, n-gain, and 3 duckers for a three input one output crossfade. Haven't tried it in real world yet but it looks like it should work.

Problem is I brought into a BLU80 and that macro alone cost me 25% of the DSP.

Any chance the briliance at Harmon could create some processing objects like ramps and crossfaders. Heck I'd be happy with just the ramps.

All the best, Carlos

Comments

• Options
    Dan LynchDan Lynch Posts: 472
    Possible? Yes. Happening in the near future? Not a chance.

Dan
  • Options
    nitrogennitrogen Posts: 7
    I'm curious if the ducker solution gives you complete control over the crossfading, or if it only gives a predefined fade time. It seems like it could work for a ramp.

In my own macro designs I've used tone generators, meters with control outputs enabled, summers, and modulators to do a 2-in 1-out crossfade that uses 5% of a BLU-80's DSP. You can also do a ramp by using a tone gen, meter, gain, and modulator. You set the meter's attack and release times to the speed at which you want the ramp to respond. That could use less DSP than a ducker. If you get ripple in the meter's output that causes audible distortion, I suppose you could run the meter's control output through a low pass filter set at 20Hz. Since a meter's maximum attack time is low, you can throw in another gain with its polarity inverted, another meter, and a summer, and use the release knob to control the ramp attack instead.

It would be nice to have POs to do it automatically, but the workarounds give pretty good results in my experience.
This discussion has been closed.